Each pet tag comes with a metal split ring to attach the tags to your pet's collar.
- Measures 1-5/8" wide x 1-1/8" high (available in 3 colors)
- 6 lines of text on back side
- 18 characters per line (including spaces)
How does PetHub protection work?
- Create your pet's free online profile on PetHub.com. The profile contains information about your pet including their name, breed, age, medications, allergies, owner's contact info, and much more.
- Link that profile to one (or more!) of PetHub's QR coded tags or collars.
- Choose your level of protection with PetHub's Basic (free) or Premium subscriptions
Do you have to have a smartphone to use the tag?
- When the tag is scanned with a smartphone, the Good Samaritan sees all the information you have made public on your pet's profile.
- With a Premium subscription, you get an email notification that your pet's tag was scanned, and in the email is a GPS map of where they were when they were scanned.
- Also with a Premium subscription, you can start a PetHub Community Alert, which sends virtual "Lost Pet" notices to local shelters, rescues, vets and pet professionals, plus the PetHub community!
No! PetHub tags offer multiple ways for people to get in touch with the owner. If the user does not have a QR reading device, they can manually enter in the web address that links directly to the pet's profile.
Can I add my pet's name and phone number to the tag?
Yes! You have 6 lines of text, 18 characters per line on the back to personalize this tag.
What comes with the FREE membership level?
PetHub's Basic level is free and comes with every tag. It includes:
PetHub Community Alerts - if your pet strays from home and you need help spreading the word, report them "Missing" on PetHub.com. This notifies shelters in any specified area in the country, and allows you to print flyers using the data you've already entered about your pet.
- Storage of Your Pet's Information - put all of your pet's contact information online, in one place, and then put it to use to help protect them by linking it to one of PetHub's Tags.
- 24/7 Lost Pet Call Center (staffed by humans, not an automated computer)
- Articles about Pets - PetHub.com offers over 500 searchable articles to help you raise and nurture your happy, healthy pets.
For even more protection, PetHub suggests you upgrade to their Premium level, which includes all the benefits of the Basic level, and:
Is there a monthly fee once I have paid for the tag?
- PetHub Tag Scan Notifications - when someone scans your pet's tag, you're automatically notified. Thought Rufus was in the backyard, but get a scan notification? Think again: Rufus is on the loose!
- GPS Map - PetHub customers Favorite Feature is the GPS Map that is sent with the PetHub Scan Notification. Image how cool it will be to not just know that someone has scanned your pet's tag, but also to see on a map where they are when they found your pet!
- Discounts - our list of partners is growing and each offers a discount on their services to PetHub Premium members.
If you choose the Premium subscription there is either a monthly or annual fee depending on your payment of choice.
Are there any hidden fees?
No, we at PetHub pride ourselves on being as straightforward as possible to the consumer. The Basic (free) packages offers a suite of features while the Premium package offers additional features.
Can I wait until my pet is missing then upgrade?
Yes. You are more than welcome to upgrade at any time for any reason. However, often times owners do not even realize their pet is missing until they get a notification from our team that their pet has been found. The premium service can help get your pet home faster.
How does the GPS feature work?
The GPS feature is a "passive" search using software embedded in mobile devices of the person that scanned the tag. When the tag is scanned, the system determines that it came from a mobile device (like a smartphone or tablet) and sends an email to the pet owner with the GPS map of the location where the scan took place.
If you enroll as a Premium member of PetHub, each time your pet's tag is scanned by a mobile device, we will take any GPS data we get from that phone and use it to send you an email with the GPS mapping information.
Is there a discount for multiple pets?
Yes! When you link a PetHub ID tag to your pet's profile, you will be given the option to upgrade to an individual or Family subscription. The Family plan is much more economical for anyone with 3 or more pets they want at a Premium level.
Can I change my pets' and my information whenever I want free of charge?
Yes, you may change your pet's information as often as you like free of charge.
Does PetHub have a specific mobile app?
No we do not have our own app for any brand of phone. You may use any QR Code reader or NFC device you choose. This is helpful so if a rescuer finds your pet they can just use what they have and not need to download anything else.
What if someone doesn't know what a QR Code is?
That is the great thing about PetHub's tags; the rescuer can scan the QR Code or type in the URL in any browser.